Who needs to be registered?
The following contractors need to be registered with the City of Georgetown:
- General Contractor – no fee
- Plumbing Contractor – no fee
- Electrical Contractor includes master -no fee
- Master Electrician Only -no fee
- Journeyman Electrician -no fee
- Mechanical Contractor – no fee
- Fire Sprinkler, Fire Alarm – no fee
- Sign Contractor- no fee
- Electrical Sign Contractor -no fee
- Journeyman Sign Contractor -no fee
- Building Maintenance Electrician – no fee
- Apprentice Electrician – no fee
- Hood System Installer -no fee
- Swimming Pool Contractor – no fee
- Water Softener Contractor – no fee
How to register:
To register with the City of Georgetown, please complete the Contractor Registration Form and email it along with a copy of your drivers license and copy of your trade license if applicable to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Once you complete the registration form, you must create a www.mygovernment.org account. See below
How to apply for a permit:
After you complete the contractor registration form and email it to email@example.com, you must create an account at www.mygovernmentonline.org . This system allows contractors to apply for a permit, request inspections, print, and pay for permits online.
For technical support creating your account, please contact 1-866-957-6734
As the homeowner can I pull my own permits?
A Homestead Exemption permit may be issued to non-licensed individuals to perform plumbing, electrical and mechanical work within the dwelling premises that they own and occupy. Before beginning any work, the unlicensed person must first sign an affidavit stating that the applicant owns and occupies the structure and is responsible for conducting the work to code specifications, provide proof of ownership from Williamson County Appraisal District and pay all required permit fees. Homeowner exemptions do not apply to rental or commercial properties.