Commercial Building Permits
The City of Georgetown requires a Commercial Building Permit Application with the required construction documents (including the electrical load analysis form or Line Extension) ***to be submitted online through http://www.mygovernmentonline.org/ for the following types of commercial projects:
- new construction ground up
- remodel of existing building/suite
- tenant- finish out
- additions to an existing structure
- façade changes
- exterior improvements.
***Please note: if the City of Georgetown is the electric provider, then a line extension maybe required. Please contact Electrical Engineering regarding line extensions.
2015 International Building Code with Amendments
2015 International Mechanical Code with Amendments
2015 International Plumbing Code with Amendments
2015 International Fire Code with Amendments
2015 Fuel Gas Code with Amendments
2015 Property Maintenance Code
2017 National Electrical Code with Amendments
2015 International Energy Code
2015 Swimming Pool and Spa Code
2015 International Residential Building Code with Amendments
City of Georgetown Unified Development Code
City of Georgetown Code of Ordinances
How to Submit a Commercial Building Permit Application:
- Civil and Architectural plans may be submitted for review once the first round of site development plan comments have been issued by the Planning Department; however, a building permit shall not be issued until the site development has been approved.
- A Pre-application Conference is required for all new development, unless otherwise specified. To schedule a Pre-application conference, please complete the request form by clicking here. If you have any other questions regarding a pre-application meeting, please contact the Planning Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All plan submittals must be signed, dated, and stamped by the responsible licensed professional.
- Fire Suppression and/or Fire Alarm Systems shall be submitted under a separate permit application online at mygovernmentonline.org
- The City of Georgetown uses http://www.mygovernmentonline.org for all communication regarding the plan review. You will use this website to apply for a permit, receive any comments issued, to resubmit plans, to view approved plans, and request inspections. An account is required to be set up and you will need to link your project # to the account.
- All Submittals must be in a PDF Format merged together, facing the correct direction, and bookmarked as stated on the Commercial Building Permit Checklist.
- Applicants must submit permit applications online at www.mygovernmentonline.org
- The building plan review is up to thirty (30) business days for initial comments to be issued. Once comments are issued, you will receive an email from email@example.com to download the comments from your account at www.mygovernmentonline.org
Other References and Documentation for Commercial Building Permits & Applications:
- Construction Specifications
- Code of Ordinances
- Unified Development Code
- Electric Engineering Contact
- Line Extension Information (Electric Engineering)
- Planning Department
- Georgetown Fire Department Inspections & Permitting
- When is an Architect Required
- When is an Engineer Required
- Fee Schedule
- Water and Wastewater Impact Fees
- Transportation Impact Fees
- Electrical Load Analysis Forms
- Certificate of Occupancy Forms and Information
- Asbestos Info
- Sign Permit Information
- Right of Way Permit Info
- Interactive Maps
For any additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.