Commercial Building Permits
The City of Georgetown requires a Commercial Building Permit Application with the required construction documents (including the electrical load analysis form ) to be submitted online through http://www.mygovernmentonline.org/ for new construction, remodel, tenant- finish out, additions to an existing structure, facade changes, and exterior improvements.
Adopted Building Code:
- The City of Georgetown is under the 2012 International Building, Fire, Plumbing, Fuel Gas, Mechanical, Existing Building and Property Maintenance Codes.
- The 2015 IECC
- 2014 National Electrical Code with amendments listed in the Code of Ordinances Chapter 15
How to Submit a Commercial Building Permit Application:
- Civil and Architectural plans may be submitted for review once the first round of site development plan comments have been issued by the Planning Department; however, a building permit shall not be issued until the site development has been approved.
- A Pre-application Conference is required for all new development, unless otherwise specified. To schedule a Pre-application conference, please contact the Planning Department at email@example.com.
- All plan submittals must be signed, dated, and stamped by the responsible licensed professional.
- Fire Suppression and/or Fire Alarm Systems shall be submitted under a separate permit application. Click here for the Fire Application
- The City of Georgetown uses http://www.mygovernmentonline.org for all communication regarding the plan review. You will use this website to apply for a permit, receive any comments issued, to resubmit plans, to view approved plans, and request inspections. An account is required to be set up and you will need to link your project # to the account.
- All Submittals must be in a PDF Format merged together, facing the correct direction, and bookmarked as stated on the Commercial Building Permit Checklist.
- Applicants must submit permit applications online at www.mygovernmentonline.org
- The building plan review is up to thirty (30) business days for initial comments to be issued. Once comments are issued, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org to download the comments from your account at www.mygovernmentonline.org
Other References and Documentation for Commercial Building Permits & Applications:
- Construction Specifications
- Code of Ordinances
- Unified Development Code
- Planning Department
- When is an Architect Required
- When is an Engineer Required
- Inspection Services Fee Schedule
- Electrical Load Analysis Forms
- New Construction Ground Up Certificate of Occupancy Information
- Asbestos Info
- Sign Permit Information
For any additional information, please contact email@example.com.