Commercial Building Permits
The City of Georgetown requires an application to be submitted online through http://www.mygovernmentonline.org/ for new construction, remodel, tenant- finish out, additions to an existing structure, facade changes, and exterior improvements.
Effective November 1, 2014, the City of Georgetown is under the 2012 International Building, Fire, Plumbing, Fuel Gas, Mechanical, Existing Building and Property Maintenance Codes and the 2015 IECC for Commercial projects and the 2014 National Electrical Code. For inspections-related questions, please contact (512) 930-2550 or email@example.com.
- Civil and Architectural plans may be submitted for review at the same time; however, a building permit shall not be issued until the site development has been approved.
- A Pre-application Conference is required for all new development, unless otherwise specified. To schedule a Pre-application conference, please contact the Planning Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All plan submittals must be signed, dated, and stamped by the responsible licensed professional.
- Fire Suppression and/or Fire Alarm Systems shall be submitted under a separate permit application. Click here for the Fire Application
- The City of Georgetown uses http://www.mygovernmentonline.org for all communication regarding the plan review. You will use this website to apply for a permit, receive any comments issued, to resubmit plans, to view approved plans, and request inspections. An account is required to be set up and you will need to link your project # to the account.
- All Submittals must be in a PDF Format merged together, facing the correct direction, and bookmarked as stated on the Commercial Building Permit Checklist.
- Applicants may submit permit applications online at www.mygovernmentonline.org
- The building plan review is up to thirty (30) business days for initial comments to be issued. Once comments are issued, you will receive an email from email@example.com to download the comments from your account at www.mygovernmentonline.org
A Temporary Use is a unique short-term use that will be discontinued after a specified time. Such uses include, but are not limited to, special events, construction buildings, seasonal businesses (such as Christmas Tree Lots), etc. Prior to the establishment of a temporary use within the City Limits, a Temporary
A permit is required for installation of in-ground, or prefabricated swimming pools, spas or hot tubs, in either commercial or residential use. You can apply online at www.mygovernmentonline.org Required Documentation: Swimming Pool Application Pool/Spa Agreement Impervious Cover Worksheet Official Site Survey indicating the property lines, impervious cover, proposed pool, existing
A Fence Permit is required to erect a new fence on a property located within our City limits, with the exception of agricultural uses, as well as pet or livestock, garden, or similar fencing provided the fence is in a property that has a perimeter fence. Required permits must be
Permitting Info: Apply online at www.mygovernmentonline.org for the following Trade Permits: Electrical Only* Plumbing Only* ** Mechanical Only* *For any electrical, plumbing, or mechanical trade permits, you must be a registered contractor. If you are the homeowner and plan do to the work yourself, then a Homeowners Exempt Form must
The City of Georgetown regulates the permitting, design, location, construction, erection, modification, use, maintenance, and removal of signs within the City of Georgetown and its Extra-Territorial Jurisdiction (ETJ). A sign may only be erected, placed, established, painted, created, or maintained in conformance with the requirements of the ordinances. Applications: Apply
All businesses in the City of Georgetown require a valid Certificate of Occupancy Permit prior to occupying the business space or opening to the general public. This applies to all stand-alone buildings as well as leasable tenant space in multi-tenant buildings. In addition, a Certificate of Occupancy is not transferable. Anytime
Who needs to be registered? The following contractors need to registered with the City of Georgetown: General Contractor – no fee Plumbing Contractor – no fee Electrical Contractor includes master $150.00 Master Electrician Only $75.00 Journeyman Electrician $25.00 Mechanical Contractor – no fee Fire Sprinkler, Fire Alarm – no fee
Other References for Commercial Building Permits