The City of Georgetown has the 2012 International Residential Code (IRC), 2014 National Electrical Code, and the 2015 International Energy Conservation Code (IECC) adopted. The City does have amendments to the IRC and the IECC listed in the Code of Ordinances.
New Residential Construction projects such as a New Residential Home, Accessory Dwelling Unit, or Additions must be submitted online at www.mygovernmentonline.org. along with required documents listed below.
Submittal Requirements – Upload 1 PDF w/Full set of plans to include the following:
- Apply online at mygovernmentonline.org
- Complete and Accurate Address
- Plot plan /Official Survey of the lot (must indicate the location of the building on the lot with set back dimensions, all easements affecting the lot, proposed parking and drainage details
- Site Plan & Details ( to include tree surveys, landscape plan, & impervious cover calculations)
- Engineered and Stamped Foundation Plan & Details
- Floor Plan & Details
- Wall Construction Plan or Cross Section & Details
- Fire Rated Eave Detail if Eaves encroach into 5’ side building setback line
- Roof Plan & Details or Truss Specifications
- Other Pertinent Structural Details
- Electrical Plan & Details to include: Electrical Service Load Analysis, Location of all Electrical Distribution, Power, Lighting, &Equipment, GFCI receptacles, and any Electrical Notes.
- Smoke detectors & CO Detectors
- Plumbing Plan & Details to include: Plumbing Layout, Water Meter Size and Water Service Line Size, Water Heater Size and Type (gas/electric), Type of materials to be used.
- Mechanical Plan & Details to include: HVAC Locations, Indicate Gas or Electric, Type and Size of Unit, System Distribution.
- Masonry Calculations (if applicable)
- ResCheck Form ( 2015 Energy Conservation Code)
Residential Plan Review:
Residential Plan Review is ten (10) business days to (14) business days from the time your application is accepted. Once the permit is issued you will receive notification via email from firstname.lastname@example.org and the amount of the permit.
Inspections are conducted Monday thru Friday 8:00am to 3:30pm.
All inspections must be requested online at www.mygovernmentonline.org before 3:00pm for the next business day in most cases. We do not accept inspection requests via telephone.
Inspectors are available for any questions you may have Monday thru Friday 3:30pm to 4:30pm or you can email them at any time.
Residential Certificate of Occupancy:
The City of Georgetown does not issue a Certificate of Occupancy for residential homes. The building final inspection serves as the Certificate of Occupancy. If you are the permit holder, you may print the building final report from your www.mygovernmentonline.org account.
General Permitting Questions:
For any questions, please contact email@example.com or (512) 930-2550
How to use My Government Online:
For instructions on how to use www.mygovernmentonline.org, click here
For My Government Online Tech Support – (866) 957-3764