New Residential Construction
The City of Georgetown has the 2015 International Residential Code (IRC), 2017 National Electrical Code, and the 2015 International Energy Conservation Code (IECC) adopted. The City does have amendments to the IRC and the IECC listed in the Code of Ordinances.
New Residential Construction projects such as a New Residential Home, Accessory Dwelling Unit, or Additions must be submitted online at www.mygovernmentonline.org. along with required documents listed below.
Submittal Requirements – Must be in PDF format and labeled correctly with the correct address.
Apply online at mygovernmentonline.org with the following:
- Plot plan /Site Plan/ Official Survey of the lot with complete and accurate address/legal description. Must indicate the location of the building on the lot with set back dimensions, all easements affecting the lot, proposed parking and drainage details, fence location, trees, heritage trees, credit trees, impervious cover calculations), storm inlets, water meter location/sewer clean out location
- Engineered and Stamped Foundation Plan & Details
- Wind Bracing Plans (if engineered – stamped engineered copy)
- Framing Plans (if engineered – stamped engineered copy)
- Building Plan to include:
- Floor Plan & Details
- Wall Construction Plan or Cross Section & Details
- Fire Rated Eave Detail if Eaves encroach into 5’ side building setback line
- Roof Plan & Details or Truss Specifications – Truss Package
- Electrical Plan & Details to include: Electrical Service Load Analysis, Location of all Electrical Distribution, Power, Lighting, &Equipment, GFCI receptacles, and any Electrical Notes.
- Smoke detectors & CO Detectors
- Plumbing Plan & Details to include: Plumbing Layout, Water Meter Size and Water Service Line Size, Water Heater Size and Type (gas/electric), Type of materials to be used.
- Mechanical Plan & Details to include: HVAC Locations, Indicate Gas or Electric, Type and Size of Unit, System Distribution.
- Masonry Calculations (if applicable)
- ResCheck Form ( 2015 Energy Conservation Code)
- Copy of Recorded Plat
- Landscape Plan
- Additional info such as Heritage Tree Pruning Permit or documentation a Pruning permit is not require if Heritage Tree/Credit Tree is present on lot.
- If City of Georgetown is the electric provider, then an electric line extension maybe required. Please contact: Electric Engineering or click the following link: Line Extension Information (Electric Engineering)
Code of Ordinances related to Building and Construction
Chapter 6 of the Unified Development Code – Residential Dimensional and Design Standards
Chapter 6 of the Unified Development Code – Residential Single Family District
Chapter 8 of the Unified Development Code – Residential Fences
Chapter 8 of the Unified Development Code – Residential Landscaping Requirements
Chapter 9 of the Unified Development Code – Off Street Parking Requirements
Chapter 11 of the Unified Development Code – Impervious Cover Requirements
Chapter 12 of the Unified Development Code – Driveway and Sidewalk Requirements
Energy Code Compliance aka RES Check
Residential Plan Review:
Residential Plan Review is ten (15) business days to (20) business days from the time your application is accepted. Once the permit is issued you will receive notification via email from firstname.lastname@example.org and the amount of the permit.
Inspections are conducted Monday thru Friday 8:00am to 3:30pm.
All inspections must be requested online at www.mygovernmentonline.org before 3:00pm for the next business day in most cases. We do not accept inspection requests via telephone and we do not guarantee next business day inspections.
Inspectors are available for any questions you may have Monday thru Friday 3:30pm to 4:00pm or you can email them at any time.
Residential Certificate of Occupancy:
The City of Georgetown does not issue a Certificate of Occupancy for residential homes. The building final inspection serves as the Certificate of Occupancy. If you are the permit holder, you may print the building final report from your www.mygovernmentonline.org account.
General Permitting Questions:
For any questions, please contact email@example.com
How to use My Government Online:
For instructions on how to use www.mygovernmentonline.org, click here
For My Government Online Tech Support – (866) 957-3764