- Dollar Value of solar tube/attic fan and placement location.
- Apply online at www.mygovernmentonline.org
- Select Solar tube in drop down box when applying. If you are installing an electric attic fan, please have your electrician apply for an electrical permit or for homeowners, a homeowners exemption form is to be filled our prior to the issuance of the electrical permit.
- Pay Permit Fee of $41.00
- Application submittal process is complete, project # is assigned.
- Notification of approval will be sent via e-mail from email@example.com .
- Request required inspections – All inspections must be requested at www.mygovernmentonline.org by 3:00pm for the next business day.
1. Solar Tube/Attic Fan Inspection – Look at roof, to make sure shingles have been overlapped correctly. Look in attic to ensure that no truss was cut by installation. No visible water intrusion/leak, visible ceiling installation
Approved permits are valid for six (6) months from date of issuance. If no inspection activity has taken place within the six (6) months, application and renewal fees for resubmittal is required. In order to close permit, all inspections must be completed. Permits are not required to be posted at project address. Inspector must have access to property at time of requested inspection. If no access, re-inspection fee may apply.