Commercial PermitsMiscellaneous PermitsResidential Permits

Swimming Pool / Spa

Print Friendly

A permit is required for installation of in-ground, or prefabricated swimming pools, spas or hot tubs, in either commercial or residential use.

You can apply online at

 Required Documentation:

Swimming Pool Process:

  1. Submit application along with required documentation as listed above online at
  2. Pay fee of $65.00 once application is accepted and you receive notification
  3. Allow ten business days for review
  4. Permit is approved
  5. Electrician requests electrical permit under main permit#/Plumber requests plumbing permit under main permit#
  6. Layout Inspection
  7. Pool Steel and Plumbing Rough
  8. Deck Bond and Deck Steel
  9. Swimming Pool Final

Are there any special requirements?

A fence, wall or barrier is required that completely surrounds the swimming pool, tract, or lot. Barrier requirements are intended to provide against potential drowning and near drowning by restricting access to swimming pools, spas and hot tubs.

All doors with direct access to the pool shall be equipped with an alarm which produces an audible alarm when the door is opened.

For all other questions, please email