Patios / Decks / Flatwork
- Complete Residential Miscellaneous Application online at www.mygovernmentonline.org .
- Official Site Survey indicating the property lines and proposed patio, deck & flat work location with dimensions and construction drawings to include footing details if raised masonry (12” footing required for seat walls, etc…).
- Please show impervious Cover Calculations on survey site plan and/or impervious cover calculation worksheet. Click here for more info on impervious cover
- Apply online at www.mygovernmentonline.org.
- Select Deck, arbor, patio, patio cover in drop down box when applying.
- Pay Permit Fee when notification is sent.
- Application submittal process is complete, project # is assigned.
- Allow ten (10) business days for plan review.
- Notification will be sent via e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Pay balance.
- Start construction.
- Request required inspections – All inspections must be requested at www.mygovernmentonline.org by 3:00pm for the next business day
- Foundation /Pre-pour Inspection – Proper dowel rods and spacing, proper mesh or steel installed, proper width and slope, expansion material and spacing
- Set Back Inspection-Locate and Expose the Property Iron Pins and install a string line to form an outline of where patio is to be constructed/placed on property. If existing property pins cannot be located, the property boundary must be established by measurement from existing benchmarks or by placement of new property marks through a registered survey.**
- Building Final Inspection – Property Iron Pins shall be left exposed for final inspection.
**The Owner/Contractor is responsible to properly locate the property lines; locate pins on survey, and assuring that the work is completed in compliance with applicable codes and ordinances. *Engineer stamped plans may be required if deck height is over 6’.
*If electrical or plumbing is part of project, additional permitting and inspections may apply.
Impervious Cover FAQ: Click here
Additional information needed specific to your project?
Click here to submit an inquiry specific to your project
General Permitting Questions:
For any questions, please contact email@example.com